Exhaust fans are items in our home that we don’t really care about. We know that our exhaust fans are important and that they help to keep the air inside the room fresh and clean. Aside from keeping the air clean and fresh, we don’t know anything else about it.
There are actually a lot more things that exhaust fans do that are not visible to our eyes. If you look at your kitchen exhaust fan you observe that it makes the air clear of smoke and takes away the smell of food. What would happen if there was no exhaust fan in your kitchen?
First, steam will condense on your cupboards and walls, and we know that moisture encourages the growth of molds and mildew. Different kinds of kitchen smell will stay in your kitchen and your wall will get stained by the trapped smoke and oil. This is not something that we have imagined not having an exhaust fan in the kitchen. And that is not all. Too much moisture in the air will make your potatoes, onions, and other vegetables out in the kitchen rot fast.
IN the same way the bathroom exhaust fan does not only take the odor away but much more. With constant use of water, the bathroom will have more humidity. Woodwork around your house can get damaged because of high humidity. Parts of your home will have fungus and mildew growth.
And this is why bathroom and kitchen exhaust fans are very important. Make sure that your exhaust fan ducts are placed outside the house. If the ducts are blocked or if they don’t terminate outside the house a moisture pool can form inside the house. The surrounding places can be damaged by water. The effect of a bathroom exhaust fan that des not work includes the growth of molds on your walls, peeling paint or wallpaper, marks of moisture on your roof and tiles, frost on your windows rust on your showers head and other fixtures made of metal.
There is also a need for an exhaust fan in your garage. Garage exhaust fans are not used all the time but they are just as important as exhaust fans used in the bathroom and kitchen. Many things are stored in our garages with our car. These items you store in your garage like textiles and wood, can easily absorb moisture and make molds and fungus to grow. If these spores are breathed in, then it can lead to health problems. Your children can get sick with as asthma or allergies and adults will get fungal infection. You don’t encourage the growth of molds if there is an exhaust fan in the garage itself.